SO I may not have been on here much lately but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking. I would love to say that I have been cooking up a storm but honestly the last few months have been extremely difficult and I'm having a pretty hard time. Cooking for me is my happy place and the thing that makes me happy. But honestly, every time I hear chefs talk they talk about needing the love and that your emotions show in your food and frankly it's true. When I have moments of happiness and joy - I cook and my food is stellar. That being said - the other times I have tried to cook to help find my joy again my food has been less than stellar.
I don't know when or how I'll get through this rough patch - I just know I'm thankful for the person who is around and helping me keep myself together.
In an attempt to remind myself of my joy - I have gone through to look at the things I have made that I need to blog about and the new things I have made that didn't make the list. Right now I'm at 66 things I have made - only 300 more to go! LOL it's getting difficult because I make new things but I don't think they qualify for the list because the entire thing isn't new - eg. the pork tenderloin I made with the glaze and Orange Habanero Mojo was a new recipe and new because I don't often do glazes or sauces but I mean it's pork tenderloin which I have made lots before - so it didn't make the list.
- beer battered onion ringsHam and Cheesy Egg Crepes with Mustard Sauce Recipes
- Garlic Aioli
- Chimichurri Sauce with Beef tenderloin and home made fries
- Curried Cauliflower soup with Red pepper pure Curried Cauliflower Soup with Red Pepper Puree - Chef Michael Smith
- Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti and Tomato sauce
- Pineapple carrot cake with brown butter frosting
- Mother's day Mexican Feast
- Hasselback potatoes and grilled pork tenderloin a la Rodriguez with a guava glaze and orange Habanero Mojo
- Cheese Soufflé
- Home made fettuccine with pesto and toasted pine nuts
- Homemade pork tortellini
- Five spice marinated pork on top of garlic ginger sweet potato purée with five spice apples
- pea and goat cheese filled ravioli
- Buttermilk fried chicken with buttermilk waffles
- Gumbo with Dirty Rice