4 Bean Salad
(or something like that ;) )
- 1/2 cup dried baby lima beans
- 1/2 cup dried kidney beans
- 1/2 cup dried chick peas
- 1/2 cup dried navy beans
- 1/2 cup any other beans/peas etc. dried (I usually use 6 different ones in my 4 bean salad)
- 1/2 cup diced or very thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup red pepper with a fairly large dice
- 1 small onion diced (I skip this if I am going to be eating this during the day at work)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar (We don't use this we use some splenda - about 1/2 cup)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Club House Italian Seasoning
- Fill a medium size mixing bowl with 3 times the amount of water than you have beans. Add all of the dried beans to the bowl.
- Soak the beans over night. The next morning, drain and rinse the beans.
- Cook the beans over medium heat for 1 hour (keep it simmering just below a boil). To avoid boiling over add a little bit of olive oil.
- Drain and rinse the beans under cold water.
- Put all the veggies and beans in the bowl with the dressing. Let sit over night and keep stirring it.
We bring some for lunch and always serve it as a side dish for supper! It's very tasty!