The recipe I posted earlier but didn't get any pictures but I did this time.
Here it is once it is all pulled!
From the start to the end of my actual cooking process it took about 20 minutes!
(I had the onions pre-diced from earlier in the week)
Just put those in the frying pan until they were slightly soft, added the ginger, garlic, chili powder, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, pepper and everything else.
We are contemplating trying the same thing with Beef to make a pulled BBQ Beef so my husband decided that we should try adding some molasses. IT WAS WONDERFUL! It made it have a very BBQ taste and quality! Also added to the sweetness.
Now again, we pulled the meet and then added a couple of spoons of sauce instead of shredding it in the sauce because of our daughter. We then kept the sauce for the side to pour over ours!
Then we were going to have Potatoes for supper and I wanted something more exciting so we decided on having potato skins (ok not so healthy but very tasty and makes me feel like we were having a take out meal!)
4 medium potatoes (use red or white, but try for oval and long vs. round shaped ones)
4 slices of precooked bacon
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Was the potatoes very well, then prick with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pop the potatoes in the microwave on High heat for about 10 minutes.
- Dice the slices of bacon.
- Carefully remove the potatoes and slice them in half (along the widest part).
- Use a melon baller and scoop out the insides but be careful to enough enough potato attached to the skin to be able to pick them up.
- Sprinkle some Olive Oil on the potatoes, and some salt and pepper.
- Place the Potatoes on a cookie sheet skin side down.
- Sprinkle the diced bacon and shredded cheese on the potatoes.
- Heat until the bacon becomes crispy, the cheese is melted and the potato is sufficiently soft.
- Serve with some sour cream!
We use the insides of the potatoes to feed our daughter - other wise you can keep them for making mashed potatoes or other things!
Post a Comment