- 1 pkg Jell-O (in the desired flavor, and we use Sugar Free)
- 1 pkg of Cream Cheese
- 1 tub of Whip Cream
- Graham Cracker Crumbs or Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Sugar (or splenda)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Cover the bottom of the dish with about 1/4" or more of the cookie crumbs. (I use an 11x13 cake pan).
3. Sprinkle sugar over the cookie crumbs until there is a thin coat over all of the crumb. I use more for Graham Cracker Crumbs and much less for Oreo cookie crumbs.
4. Melt some butter (start with 1/4 cup) and then pour over the mixture. Stir until well mixed. Add butter until all of the mixture is moist, clumpy but not wet.
5. Pack the crust down with a fork or flipper until well packed and solid.
6. Place the crust in the oven for 5-10 minutes, remove and let it cool.
1. Add the package of Jell-O to 1 cup of boiling hot water.
2. Put the Jell-O into the fridge until it gets a soupy consistency. Don't let it set and it can't be liquidy.
3. Mix the package of cream cheese with the Jell-O. (easier if the cream cheese is at room temperature).
4. Once the Jell-O and Cream Cheese is thoroughly mixed fold in the tub of whip cream.
Place the final mixture over the crust.
5. Put the final product in the fridge over night.
If you want to add a little more to the final cake then you can add fresh fruit to it.
What I do is add about 1/4 of the filling to the pan first, or until it thinly coated. Then I add some fruit (thinly sliced strawberries, or blueberries, or raspberries). Then I add the rest of the mixture.