I leave it up to you but the comment has been made that this is an glorified omelette!
Garden Vegetable Frittata
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (peel on)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto (i used a new President's Choice product as was impressed)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup grate Asiago cheese (or whatever is on hand)
- Heat some oil in a non-stick the medium frying pan on medium high heat.
- Reduce the head to medium and add the Zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, and green onion.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until all liquid is gone
- Preheat the broiler.
- Beat eggs, pesto and pepper with wisk in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Pour over the vegetables. Stir well and spread egg mixture evenly in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes until bottom is golden and top is almost set. the remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and broil for about 4 minutes until the frittata is set and cheese is golden.
Before doing this make sure you have an oven safe frying pan that you are using!
Post a Comment